Thursday 1 March 2012

Of Comfort Zones & Cupcakes

Recently I was asked to speak to almost 300 people at an event celebrating the work the Lord is doing through Sixty Feet in the lives of imprisoned, abandoned children in Uganda.

For some of you that probably isn't a big deal.  For shy, quiet me, who likes the safety of home, there is something big and uncomfortable about getting on a plane, crossing an international border, and 2,000 miles later landing in a warmer climate and then standing before 600 eyeballs.  All watching my every move.

But the Lord asked, so I went.

And now, I've been asked to share with you what I said that night.  So I am over here and here today.

Won't you drop by?  It's an interesteing story about dangerous prayers (I dare you, but hold on), comfort zones (I really just need to stop building them) and cupcakes (who doesn't like these things?).  And how the Lord can use you.  And me.  And anyone with a willing heart to make a difference in the lives of those dear to His heart - the orphaned, the oppressed, the hungry, and the forgotten. 

Weren't we all of these at one time?

It all started with.........

Sixty Feet

The Cupcake Kids

2 Comments:

At 5 March 2012 at 22:13 , Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

How amazing! Thank you for sharing, and for stepping out in faith!

 
At 6 March 2012 at 12:30 , Blogger Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Just read your "about me" in the sidebar and had to laugh because I'd never thought to put it that way, but me and patient are also oxymorons. ;)
And although my heart isn't particularly in Uganda, I do feel a similar burden for the fatherless children of the world. I'm happy to have stopped by here today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home