Saturday 7 January 2012

A Deliberate New Year - 5 minute Friday

Been a while since I've been here.  Happy New Year to you!  I'm lost for words and looking for inspriation. So I've written for 5 minutes, no stopping, thinking, or editing (well I did spell check after the 5 minutes!) on this topic:  Roar.








The new year is here, in it came. So fast.  Christmas came so quiet and gentle.  A pause in time to reflect on the one who came to save.  And then, its over. 

The tree thrown out the door, decorations gone, the lights, white and twinkling and reflecting a soft, warm hue as they reflect of the log walls of the living room.  It’s gone.  A new year begun, in haste.  In hurriedness.  To. Get.  Things.  Done.  Already.  And to try to get things right this time around.
A new year. A new start. New mercies.  Much needed mercy. 
But without deliberate reflection, prayer and direction, the days will overtake me, and carry me away like the rushing of the river water after it has opened up from its winter freeze.  Fast, white waved-caps, dirt stirred up from its crashing force, roaring its way to the ocean depths.
Lord, help me to pause, to receive the new mercies of each new day, of this new year, and to deliberately seek your face each day for direction, wisdom and guidance. 
Let me, this year, make a difference in even just one life for eternity.
For your glory.
And for your great name.
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to and end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."  The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him." - Lam. 3:22-25

1 Comments:

At 7 January 2012 at 10:17 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful reflextions. Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home