Sunday 12 May 2013

Raindrops and the Glory of God

The dreary, rainy, cold day was one to curl up on the couch with a warm cup of tea and a good book.  But something caught my eye as I looked out the window from my cozy position.  A perfect line of small raindrops formed the entire length of my clothesline, each one reflecting a grey late afternoon glow.  They called me to get up and explore.  So I grabbed my camera and followed the raindrops around my yard.
 
I can't help but be utterly astounded by the perfection of a simple raindrop.  The God of the universe is vast, all-powerful and eternal, yet He is so small and intricate and misses not the minutest of details.
 
If only we open our eyes and see, or as the Psalm says, "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted amount the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  Ps. 46:10
 

 
 
 




"Remember to magnify His work, of which men have sung.
Everyone has seen it; man looks on it from afar.
 
Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him;
nor can the number of His years be discovered.
 
For He draws up drops of water, which distill as rain from the mist,
which the clouds drop down and pour abundantly on man.
 
Indeed, can anyone understand the spreading of clouds,
the thunder from His canopy?" 
Job 36:24-29

Ni Hao Yall

2 Comments:

At 12 May 2013 at 11:41 , Blogger Covenant Grace said...

It is so amazing how God's glory shows up in the small things - many that we take for granted. Blessings!

 
At 12 May 2013 at 21:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Stopping by from Jumping Tandem Sunday!
How lovely. I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home